One of the most exciting innovations in modern teaching has been the increasing use of computer technology across all areas of the curriculum. This has, in many ways, revolutionised teaching methods. Xenion Institute has embraced new technology because we know that if we seek to create 21st century citizens, we must have a 21st century school.
Every classroom at Xenion Institute has an Interactive Whiteboard (IWB) and projector, enabling the use of an extensive library of e-books, interactive learning materials, educational games and puzzles as well as on-line resources.
Technology is also an essential part of our communication process.
Online lessons in our school are conducted via Microsoft Teams. This platform gives numerous possibilities to students and teachers.
- Teams and channels with chat function which enable conversation and instant communication between teachers and students.
- Document storage in SharePoint. Every team who uses Microsoft Teams will have a site in SharePoint Online, which will contain a default document library folder. All files shared across all conversations will automatically save to this folder.
- Online video calling and screen sharing.
- Online meetings. This feature also includes a scheduling aid, a note-taking app, file uploading, and in-meeting chat messaging.
- Audio conferencing. With audio conferencing, anyone can join an online meeting via phone.
All students participate in training sessions before lessons start so they know in advance how the platform works and what they need to do. Our students never miss their lessons and they always follow what happens in class even if they cannot come to school. We also offer online lessons for various courses to students abroad.
Our school is proud to announce that we won an important award at the "Cyprus Education Leaders Awards".
The school was awarded in the category "Technology in Education" for the Information Management System XENION MIS.
Find out more here: Technology in Education.