There are three types of buses in Cyprus that can help you move around:
- Intercity buses that link all towns on a daily basis and with frequent routes
- Rural buses that link almost all villages with the nearest city but with limited frequency: once or twice daily except Sundays.
- Urban buses that link different areas within the cities and operate frequently during daytime. In certain tourist areas, during the summer period, their routes are extended till late in the evening.
There are three types of taxi service available, covering the entire island:
- Transurban service which offers the opportunity to share a taxi with 4 - 7 other passengers. It provides connection between all major cities of Cyprus, every half an hour, from Monday to Friday starting at 06:00 in the morning until 18:00 in the evening. On Saturdays and Sundays the service finishes an hour earlier at 17:00. Seats can be booked by phone or online from the providing companies.
- Rural service operates in village areas and can only be hired from and to their base station. These taxis are not equipped with taximeters and charging is based on kilometre/tariff rate.
- Urban service is a 24-hour service provided in all cities. Taxis can be booked or hired on the street. Urban taxis are provided by law with taximetres and charging commences upon the entry of a passenger to the taxi.
A number of short cruises sail from Cyprus, with trips lasting typically between two and five days on board large and comfortable ships. You can either book while on holiday in Cyprus or through tour operators abroad who feature the cruises in their holiday brochures.There are also many short boat trips from and to various destinations around the island: these sail from almost all marinas and fishing shelters.